The Netgear Arlo Pro 2 is another high-end security camera claiming the top spot in the world of wireless surveillance! It retails for around £350-400 which is one of the more expensive models. For their basic package, you receive the main hub and two wireless cameras that are fairly easy to set up. Monitoring is simple and straightforward all your required to do is install an app your smartphone.
There is currently a race against time for the most sort advice device happening right now! Every surveillance company is seeking to build the smallest, clearest and most reliable cameras, with the Arlo Pro 2 claiming to be one of the best! This new generation of surveillance devices are wireless, high definition and can be placed anywhere on your property!
- 0.1 The Arlo Pro 2
- 0.2 The Technology
- 0.3 Other APP/Tech Features
- 0.4 Negatives Of Netgear Arlo Pro 2
- 0.5 Initial Setup
- 0.6 Synchronizing The Netgear Arlo Pro 2
- 0.7 The Price Range
- 0.8 Editors Note – Netgear Arlo Pro 2 Review
- 1 Netgear Arlo Pro 2
- 2 Pros
- 3 Cons
The Arlo Pro 2
Netgear Arlo Pro 2 is in direct competition against the Blink XT, Nest & Ring devices! In this Netgear Arlo Pro 2 review, we will be revealing to you exactly what we thought of the performance, technology, and reliability of this device! How did it compare to the other leading devices? And would we consider using this surveillance camera for long-term use?
Like all smart surveillance cameras you are required to use the main hub, this hub is hardwired to your WI-FI connection and uploads any footage to the cloud. By using their app on your smartphone and paying the £90 a year subscription fee you can:
- View live feeds from your cameras
- Sort and delete any old footage
- Speak through and receive audio
The basic package consists of a hub and two sleek looking oval cameras. For reliability, you will need to hardwire your hub into your Wi-Fi unit because the hub IS NOT WIRELESS! Your cameras are then connected to your hub (20 meters) and you are ready to start recording and viewing a live feed!
Both cameras are weatherproof, so there are no restrictions where you want to position them. Each camera has a magnetic strip that is easily attached to the bracket supplied with each device. We found it super-simple positioning the cameras, but they could be easily stolen because they are only connected by a magnetic strip!
Other APP/Tech Features
- Name each camera for easy recognition (Example: front door/back door)
- Each camera can be zoomed in by up to 8 times
- Your live feed can be viewed on both laptops and smartphones
- Both live feeds can be seen on your screen side-by-side
- Image quality: 1080p HD x 130 degrees
- Night vision mode can also be activated through the app
- The high pitched siren can be activated at anytime @100DB
When either of your cameras is activated you will receive a message or notification depending on your phone settings. As soon as your camera is tripped it will start recording and will continue to do so until you deactivate it or movement has ceased.
Negatives Of Netgear Arlo Pro 2
- Higher price bracket for this type of device
- Distance could be an issue if you have a larger property
- Users have reported issues with Virgin Media and Talk-Talk routers
The initial setup was very easy to navigate, each camera has a sync button. So, when you have your hub hardwired, switched on and configured. You simply have to press the sync button and your cameras are automatically synchronized to the main hub (30 seconds). We found that 20 meters was the maximum distance before the image signal disappeared.
- This device needs a permanent WI-FI connection
- 20 meters was the maximum range before the live feed cut out
- Each camera has magnetic strips for easy installation
- Netgear Arlo Pro 2 provides a detailed manual to help you get the most from your surveillance cameras
Synchronizing The Netgear Arlo Pro 2
- Turn on the main hub
- Press and hold the main such button
- Then press the sync buttons on the camera (30 seconds)
- Once all three lights are flash on the cameras your all ready to start live streaming and recording
The Price Range
The Netgear Arlo Pro 2 security camera is on the higher end of the market with the basic setup costing £350-400. Their app system costs around £90 a year but is well worth it because it keeps you notified and able to use all the cloud features for this device! The basic package consists of:
- One main hub
- 2 cameras
- All accessories
Editors Note – Netgear Arlo Pro 2 Review
The Netgear Arlo Pro 2 is a great system that records at high definition and provides you with an easy to use app that was very simple to install and deploy. The initial setup took us around 45/60 minutes but was well worth it in the long run. We still use the Netgear Arlo Pro 2 because it’s basically the more reliable system we have tried this year.
We have not received any false detections and the zoom/night vision features are excellent. If we compare the picture quality, receiver, tech and other features to other leading brands on the market then we would advise you to invest in this security camera.
This Netgear Arlo Pro 2 review was carried out in 2018, if you would like to add any faults or issues you experienced with the Netgear Arlo Pro 2 device then please contact us here.
Do You Want To Contribute To This Netgear Arlo Pro 2 review?
We love to hear from our Wezaggle readers and answer any questions ASAP. If you would like to contribute to this Netgear Arlo Pro 2 review then use our secure form (HERE) and submit any questions, testimonials or feedback you might have!